About one-third of our adult population is overweight, out of shape or just plain soggy around the middle and dreams about a toned sexy physique. The culprit being blamed for this is the availability of cheap food and the competition between fast food restaurants for our business. This could be true and every animal will always eat as if there will be no food available tomorrow. So, eating a lot and being overweight is sort of in our genetic makeup but we don’t have to accept being overweight as a fact.
If you are part of that one-third of our population and don’t like it, take heart, there is help. The world is awash with programs, diets, weird secrets, a special food or some gadget that promises to transform your body into something you will be proud to show off. Trouble is, it is not that easy and getting the body you dream of takes work, will power, motivation and most of all, it takes time.
The problem is that with all the other things we have to be concerned with it becomes really hard to find and keep the motivation to lose weight. Without seeing some positive results, it becomes hard to keep up the enthusiasm for losing weight. When the motivation is going and you are ready to give up, the last thing you need is someone pointing a finger and saying “You’re Fat”.
Staying motivated to lose weight is not always easy, but here are six tips that can help you achieve your weight loss goal.
1. Don’t get caught up in all the hype about this or that program that promises to help you lose weight with very little effort. You don’t have to join a club or buy expensive food to lose weight. Dropping those pounds is not about what you eat as much as it is about how much you eat.
2. Just do it. Don’t wait, get started now. You know that the only way to lose weight is to eat less and do more active that increases your heart rate and makes your body burn more calories. House work or your normal every day work does not count as more activity unless you are a construction worker.
3. Don’t set unattainable goals that will stop you before you get started. Make a goal that you have a reasonable chance of reaching. When you get to the goal, celebrate, then make another goal that you can reach. Losing ten pounds then another ten pounds sounds easier than losing 20 pounds.
4. Don’t worry about seeing immediate results. It took a long time to get overweight and it may take some time to see permanent results. And, you will have some discomfort to deal with as your body adjusts to less food and more activity.
5. Do focus on maintaining the program you decided on to change and promote a permanent healthy lifestyle. If you decide you are going to eat healthier while you lose weight, keep the focus on eating healthier. But avoid starvation diets and if you fall off the wagon just get back on again.
6. Remember that losing weight is only half the goal. Keeping it off is equally as important as taking it off. Figure out why you really want to lose weight make that part of your motivation.
There will never be a better time to transform your soft, flabby body into the toned, sexy physique of your dreams than now. Forget about yo-yo diets and easy weight loss promises that leave you feeling like a fat failure and prepare to throw your fat clothes away for good. It is possible to have a lean, smoking hot body you can’t wait to show off. Follow the six tips above and you will be on your way. CLICK HERE and get free information and tips to lose weight sensibly and safely.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8526458