Do you want to lose weight, but eating bad foods for comfort is one of the things that is holding you back from reaching the body of your dreams? Well, here are 5 simple things I did to stop using food for comfort and I ended up getting the body of my dreams… STRESS FREE!
1. First, I found other ways to ease my stress and anxiety. It was SO easy for me to get stressed out about something, and then resort to having many of my favorite foods. This of course was not made easy for me given that I live in Philadelphia, and there are dozens of delicious delivery restaurants within a 5 mile radius waiting to deliver me the best Philadelphia cheese steak or amazing pizza right to my doorstep! Talk about a predicament (lol)!
When I realized that every time I got stressed, I went straight for comfort foods, I immediately knew right then and there I had to do something to stop this. When you do this, you are hurting yourself 2 ways. One, you are making your stress and anxiety worse, and two, you of course are getting more unhealthy… which of course will make your stress and anxiety EVEN MORE WORSE!
So, what I recommend you do is to find other ways to ease your stress levels. What I started doing was using Chinese massage hand balls, deep breathing exercises (REALLY beneficial), exercising (especially tension relieving workouts like boxing), meditation, prayer, taking a break, going for a ride (away from stressful roads of course), eating fruit slices or veggie sticks, chewing gum, and drinking chamomile tea. Worked like a charm!
2. Next, I ensured I didn’t have any bad foods in my house to begin with. Now, I’m sorry, I know many people disagree with this, but I also ensure that I don’t have bad foods in my house for my kids as well. The way I see is I know very well that this food will cause them to get fatter and healthier, so why in the world would I give them those foods?! Not to mention, I also found myself craving many of the snacks I used to buy them. Also, my kids LOVE the healthier options available now (fruit bowls, healthy animal crackers, vegetable sticks, and more).
3. Another thing I did to stop using food for comfort was I exercised or did some stretching routines during times of stress and anxiety. Exercising and stretching is not only good for getting your body in shape, it also helps you mentally as well. A good exercising session releases a chemical in your brain called serotonin, and this chemical is what puts you in a good mood!
4. Fourth, to avoid craving those foods I used to calm me down, another thing I did (when NOT stressed out) was I would treat myself to a healthy version of my favorite foods (frozen yogurt instead of ice cream for example). It’s important to take note of eating healthy versions of your favorite foods when you are NOT stressed out because you don’t want to put yourself in a position where you become dependent again on food to calm you down… regardless if it is healthy or not.
5. And last but not least, I went on an effective diet program that was not just very effective, but also VERY easy to stick to. This is important for anyone, but it is extremely beneficial for those who struggle with using food for comfort. The reason why is because the easier the diet is, the less frustrated you’ll feel during the diet, and the more effective the diet is, the more motivated and happier you’ll feel that you are making progress. And then ultimately, you will never look at bad foods in the same way ever again!
>> Click Here to learn more about the best diet programs that I highly recommend, and how each of them can help you EASILY lose weight fast… and permanently. These top 5 diet programs I recommend are extremely effective, they can be downloaded instantly and started TODAY, and they are all 100% natural and are NOT based on doing any type of restrictive fad dieting. You’ll also see on this website the diet I personally used (which caused me to lose 52 pounds by the way)!
Bottom line, stress and anxiety is very serious… and I had to learn that the hard way. One of the setbacks of being stressed out is resorting to comfort foods. Fortunately, those 5 steps above are very effective, and if you stay patient and consistent with them, you too can break free from using bad foods as your crutch to overcome stress.