By Marc Hlavac
Want to get the best out of your fat burning workout? Today’s article details the best components of a highly effective fat burning plan. Continue reading to learn more…
Nutrition always comes first in a fat burning or muscle building regiment. There are no magic pills, secrets, or shortcuts around this fact. There are however, some simple, easy to implement nutrition secrets for burning fat the very fastest.
- Work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach: With no fuel to burn for a fat burning workout coming from the food you eat, the only source of fuel is body fat. Follow the workout immediately with a meal or shake/smoothie of carbs, protein and fat. NO SKIPPING this first meal. It is crucial for muscle growth, repair and mental recovery. The more muscle you have, the faster you burn calories, the quicker you lose fat.
- Also, a blend of coffee and green tea consumed right before the workout is a safe and natural fat burning supplement (avoid all fat burning pills, they are not clinically researched and most aren’t even approved by the FDA).
- Following this first meal, 5 small meals (or 3 meals and 2 shakes as I prefer) should be consumed throughout the day NO longer than 3 hours apart. This is the well documented nutritional recipe for fat burning success.
Resistance training + High intensity interval training
The days of traditional long runs are over. If you want to burn fat without losing muscle and in half the time of traditional cardio, you must switch to high intensity interval training (HIIT). The scientific research is just piling up in favor of this form of training for fat burning. It is one of the few magical, gimmick-free techniques in the fitness world.
HIIT means performing cardio exercise (bike riding, elliptical, running, or swimming) in short bursts of all out sprinting followed by slow and steady rest periods. It should be performed immediately after 20-45 minutes of resistance training (weight lifting or bodyweight calisthenics) for an even more potent fat torching punch.
The very best fat burning workouts take no longer than one hour consisting of 20-45 minutes of total body resistance exercise and only 15 minutes of HIIT. Research suggests that the 50-60 minute range produces optimal results hormonally and metabolically.
Here is an example of the absolute perfect fat burning workout.
Resistance phase: No more than 60 second rest periods are to be taken in between each set. Choose only one exercise per section per day. Rotate exercises frequently to prevent plateaus
- 3×12 Lower Body Exercise: Barbell Squat, Deadlift, Lunges, Leg Press, Leg Curls/Extensions
- 3×12 Chest Exercise: Barbell or Dumbbell Bench Press, Dumbbell, Machine, or Cable Flyes
- 3×12 Back Exercise: Barbell, Machine, Cable or Dumbbell Row, Pull/Chin Ups, Pulldowns
- 3×12 Shoulder Exercise: Military Press, Lateral Raises, Front Raises, Vertical Rows
HIIT Phase: Bike riding, Running, Swimming, or preferably MMA fitness style cardio.
- 5 Minutes: Warm-up
- 5 Minutes: 5×10 second sprints followed by 50 seconds rest (sprint on the top of every minute)
- 5 Minutes: Cool down
Marc Hlavac is an MMA style fitness enthusiast. He believes that the future of fitness lies in Mixed Martial Arts. No other way to get in shape is as effective in as short amount of time at creating a strong and attractive physique. For more information on MMA Fitness, check out these free MMA Fitness Tips.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6450392