One of the best pieces of advice I received when I first got started with dieting and exercising was to take small baby steps. Make very small goals, stick to them, and ultimately, you’ll end up reaching your primary goal in the end. And that’s what the heart of this article is all about. I wanted to share with you a simple plan you can do to be able to lose a half a pound up to one pound a day… 100% naturally. This small simple goal, as you clearly can see, will certainly add up overtime to accomplish your overall goal!
First things first. I just wanted to briefly mention that yes, trying to get extreme weight loss is very unnatural. However, it is only unnatural if you are going about it the wrong way. The wrong way includes doing things such as taking diet pills, starving yourself, or going on restrictive fad diets. If you on the other hand go about it naturally, then not only will you get fast results, you also get permanent results and your body will look amazing (instead of having loose skin).
Okay, here are some things you can do lose 1/2 pound a day and possibly lose 1 pound a day… naturally. (Please Note – These tips are in no particular order).
1. Make sure that you sleep at least 8 hours the night before and ensure you get 8 hours of sleep each night thereafter. Getting an ample amount of sleep does more than you may think. It helps build lean muscle tissue, you can burn up to 500 calories during a full nights rest, you help your metabolism, and you help your digestive system. Not to mention, getting plenty of sleep is a surefire way to get natural energy throughout the day.
2. Only weigh yourself as soon as you awake in the morning on an empty stomach after you have went to the bathroom. NOTE – If you feel bloated or constipated prior to weighing yourself, you more than likely are not going to get an accurate number. So be sure to do things to ease your digestive system prior to weighing yourself… and of course to improve the health of your digestive system period. Some things you can do are drinking apple cider vinegar, getting fiber in your diet, getting antioxidants in your diet, and drinking lots of water. I don’t mean to get graphic here, but feces and urine can weigh A LOT, and this is why it is so important to make sure you are as “empty” as possible.
3. Start your day off with 16 ounces of fresh water, then make sure you drink at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces of fresh water throughout the day. Drinking plenty of water has its obvious benefits, but another important thing that drinking plenty of water does is that it helps you get rid of water weight as well! Warning: You WILL be visiting the bathroom a lot! BUT… that’s a good thing… and that’s because you are getting rid of toxins in your body and you are getting rid of water weight!
4. Do high intensity exercises for at least 20-30 minutes. High intensity exercises burn off a TON of calories and they will increase your metabolism. But, besides that, they also increase your resting metabolism as well. Do you know what that means? That means that you will be burning off calories well after you are finished the workout!
Examples of high intensity exercises you can do are circuit training routines, sprinting, playing sports, H.I.I.T (high intensity interval training), and more.
An example of a cardio circuit routine that I actually just did yesterday was 20 high knees running in place, 20 mountain climbers, 10 burpees, and then 20 high knees again. I did this for 5 sets and rested for 15 seconds in between sets. OH MY GOSH! My heart rate shot up to 176, it took 10 minutes to do this particular routine, and I burned off around 180 calories (and probably more since the heart rate monitor watch that I wear doesn’t take into account my current weight).
5. Make sure that you not only do high intensity cardio, but that you also do resistance training as well. Building lean muscle burns off a TON of calories and this workout will also increase your metabolism and your resting metabolism as well.
6. For your daily calorie intake, only decrease the amount you eat by 500 calories. What to do is figure out the amount of calories you need to eat daily to maintain your current weight. Then, simply reduce that amount by no more than 500 calories. Please don’t over do this. Going above this amount could lead to your body thinking that you are starving… and if this happens… your metabolism slows down!
7. DO NOT eat a heavy dinner and make sure that your dinner has plenty of protein and veggies and very minimal GOOD carbs (fiber). Do not have bad carbs (sugar, white flour, etc.), excess alcohol, or processed foods.
8. Make sure that you are on a 100% all natural diet based on eating frequently throughout the day and changing around your eating patterns. This type of dieting is known as “shifting”. It is VERY effective and VERY easy to stick to. It’s effective because you are not starving yourself, you are increasing your metabolism, and this type of dieting doesn’t affect your digestive system or cause yo-yo weight loss. It’s easy to stick to because you get to eat REAL foods and programs like this will actually design a menu plan for you.
Bottom line, it is very possible to lose a half a pound a day or lose one pound a day… naturally and permanently. The biggest things to pay attention to are your diet, your eating habits, and fitness. Do this right, and that scale is going to be showing something you are definitely going to like!