First of all: You know that popular word you hear so much called “diet”? Well, take that word and remove it from your head right now! To get the body of your dreams, “dieting” is not the answer. Changing your lifestyle around is the ultimate solution for getting the body of your dreams.
To be able to lose a lot of weight every week, you have to go on a program that can be done for life, and not just for a short period of time to “crash diet”. Having said that, I have for you today 7 proven effective tips that will help you achieve your goals starting today…
1. Keep track of everything. Now, when I say keep track of everything, I don’t necessarily mean to keep track of the calories and nutrients you are eating on a daily basis. I’m referring to your goals achieved. For example, keep track of your exercising progress, how healthy you ate today, how you are looking in the mirror, how easier those jeans are fitting now, etc. Doing this will keep you motivated and focused.
2. Start your day off right by doing an early morning exercise and eating a “power” breakfast. Exercising first thing in the morning will give you energy all day long and you will more than likely burn off STORED fat calories as opposed to exercising later in the day and burning off calories you’ve eaten throughout the day.
A power breakfast is a breakfast that will set the foundation for you to have a GREAT day! And what I mean by a GREAT day is a day where you don’t have stronger hunger pangs, strong cravings, where you will have a ton of energy, where you will help boost your metabolism, and more.
What’s a good idea for a “power” breakfast?
Well, a breakfast that I eat every morning that is absolutely amazing with both health benefits and taste is my “special” oatmeal and a piece of whole grain toast. For my oatmeal, I use regular oatmeal (1/2 serving), a pinch of salt, fat-free milk, a small amount of mixed nuts, a small amount of blueberries, and a TBSP. of Salba (which is arguably the healthiest stuff on earth!).
3. Pay close attention to food labels. It’s so easy to be blinded by the truth when it comes to food labels. Companies that produce these foods are very slick… to say the least! They would have you deceived by making you think that their food is so freaking healthy, when in fact, it just isn’t! For example, some low-carb, low-fat, and low-calorie foods are made to be this way by increasing another bad area (such as less carbs but more fat, etc.)! Pay close attention and make sure that you are getting 100% natural foods and try to avoid processed foods as much as possible.
4. Make sure the diet you choose has a menu plan of fat burning foods. Why is that important? Well, if a high percentage of what you eat are foods that are designed to help speed up fat loss, then clearly you will quickly reach your goals. Some of the best fat burning foods are high protein foods, foods high in antioxidants, and foods that contain healthy fat (monounsaturated, omega fatty acids).
5. Pay more attention to building muscle. And this goes for you too ladies. Listen, you don’t have to get huge, and you don’t have to lift heavy weights. You simply need to just focus more on building lean muscle tissue. If you think you’re going to get huge and disgusting looking, then just take a look at some famous fit women such as Dara Torres. She is over 40, toned, and absolutely stunning!
When you build lean muscle tissue, you are enabling your body to do most of the work for you! What do I mean by that? Well, with building muscle, you will help increase your resting metabolic rate. And what this means is that you will burn off body fat… while you are resting!
6. Take everything one day at a time. It’s okay to slip and fall, just remember to GET BACK UP! Consistency will always lead to results, results will always lead to motivation, and in the end you’ll ultimately have the body you have wanted for so long!
7. Never put yourself in a position to feel like quitting by avoiding unnatural or complicated dieting. Eliminating or significantly decreasing nutrients is asking for trouble. I recommend that you find a program that is balanced and more so based around changing your lifestyle around by eating healthier, eating frequently, and eating in a way to speed up your metabolism. A program such as this will certainly help you lose more weight every week and then successfully and easily have you reach your desired goals.