Back around when my son was born I started on my journey to get in shape. That was also the same time I stopped smoking cigarettes as well. During that time, I spent a great deal of time searching around on the Internet and in magazines for information to help with losing weight and improving my overall health. I found articles right here on the Internet, I bought tons of magazines, and so much more. With all of this information, I learned a lot, but I also became pretty confused… to say the least…
But there was some VERY valuable things I learned in the beginning and it has all helped me out tremendously with getting the body of my dreams and enhancing my total health. With that said, in this article here, I wanted to discuss something you may be going through at the moment. And that “thing” could be you becoming overwhelmingly confused about which route you should take to lose weight or which weight loss information is legit for getting in shape.
You see, with the information you’ll find across the Internet in regards to weight loss, you have to understand that there are basically 5 different types of folks giving you this information:
1. It could be someone who just started out and is experiencing great results.
2. It could be someone who has tried out many things and has become somewhat of an expert in what works and what doesn’t… through trial and error (this explains me by the way).
3. It could be someone who doesn’t know squat about health and fitness and are just trying to make money off of you.
4. It could be someone who has been trained and educated in the world of health, nutrition, and fitness.
5. Or it could be a “diet guru” trying their freaking hardest to confuse you so that you can spend your hard-earned money on their diet and/or exercise programs!
Numbers 1, 2, and 4 are the only one’s I strongly recommend you pay attention to. These are the people WHO DO NOT HAVE AN AGENDA.
Speaking of which, I’m going to be honest with you here: I do earn money for promoting diet programs. However, the diet program I do promote is the one diet I used that helped me drop 52 pounds… after I have struggled greatly with SEVERAL other programs before in the past. So I’m promoting a program because I KNOW it works and because I also earn money for doing so. I’m not out here pushing diet programs trying to “scare” people or “confuse” people into buying this stuff just so that I can afford my protein shakes!
Anyway, I just wanted to give you a heads up on what I recommend you pay more attention to when you are trying to collect information on what it is you should do to lose weight, burn fat, build muscle, and improve your overall health. If the information you find across the Internet, magazines, newsletters, etc. seems a little “off”, I highly recommend you ignore it. If the information is coming from a “diet guru” who is telling you for example that you don’t need to exercise first thing in the morning, or you don’t need to drink ice-cold water to help cause a boost your metabolism, or you only need to drink a little bit of water a day, then I highly recommend you ignore it.
Look for information that is genuine and has been proven effective. Information that is coming from people who are “everyday” people just like you and me who have struggled with losing weight in the beginning and have found a simple solution to get themselves in shape is the best source of information there is. And that’s because it’s REAL. Also, if you find info from genuine experts (trained, educated, etc.), and if they have actually practiced what they preach (which is VERY important), then this is something else I highly recommend you pay more attention to.
In light of everything I just mentioned in this article, allow me to give you brief summary of what exactly worked for me to lose weight quickly and consistently:
1. I ate 4-6 meals a day spread throughout the day and without eating too many calories at once.
2. I did not starve myself and severely restrict calories or nutrients.
3. I ate plenty of raw foods, foods high in protein, and antioxidants.
4. I ate a moderate amount of foods high in good carbs (fiber) and good fats (monounsaturated and omega fatty acids).
5. And I used a program that generated my diet menu plan for me based around a technique called “shifting” calories. This technique increase your bodies fat burning hormones and causes you to lose a lot of body fat pretty quickly… and naturally.
1. I ensured that most of my focus was on building lean muscle tissue since doing so will burn off the most fat the quickest.
2. For cardio, I did high intensity interval cardio or I did circuit training routines with body-weight exercises.
And all of the above (plus this diet HERE) is what helped me shed 52 pounds of fat in 8 weeks, and I still do those things as well… and I’m still improving and maintaining my new physique!
Now, I apologize if this article came off as somewhat of a “rant”, but I was just rubbed the wrong way this morning when I got an e-mail newsletter from a “diet guru”… and I just had to voice my opinion! I hope that you take something away from all of this and you can now find it easier to just find out what it is you need to know (that actually has been proven effective through trial and error for MANY PEOPLE) about improving your health and getting the body you deserve!