One of the most frequent issues many people talk about as being why they ended up failing with their diet is that they felt absolutely frustrated with dieting. Does this describe you? If so, I have for you today in this article here 6 simple tips that helped me (and many others) make dieting less stressful, more easier, and more importantly, guaranteed successful. Take a couple of minutes out of your day and read on to learn more.
1. Stay away from fad diets. These types of diets are very difficult to stick to and they are 100% unnatural. Anything that is difficult to stick to, and most certainly anything that is unnatural, will make anyone feel miserable while dieting… and even more so not getting the results they desired.
2. Don’t go on a diet where you have to get prepackaged meals. I know that those monthly meal programs are very popular. However, they are very ineffective, very expensive, and pretty unhealthy (processed, high in sodium, and most contain preservatives). This will all make the dieter feel frustrated with trying to get in shape. Why is that? Well, because most of those monthly meal programs fail to mention very clearly that in order for you to be successful, having a healthy lifestyle in place is absolutely critical! I’ll talk more about living in a healthy lifestyle in #6 below. Also, with most of these programs, the food is terrible, they cause stomach aches, and so much more!
3. Don’t go on a complicated diet that conflicts with your daily life. Some diet and/or exercise programs are so difficult and restrictive that they many not just be ineffective for you to get results, but they also may make it virtually impossible for you to commit to doing the program consistently and thoroughly. So, I highly recommend that you seek out a simple (but effective) diet that will not interfere with your daily life.
4. Choose a diet that has you eating all types of foods. What this means is to choose a diet that has nothing to do with eating more or less of a particular nutrient (such as low-carb with high protein, high-fat with low protein, etc.). The reason why this is important is because once you start causing an imbalance of nutrients in your body, your body will process this as restriction. When the body processes something as restriction, the metabolism decreases, and your body will begin to compensate for losing key nutrients by storing calories as body fat!
5. Make sure the diet is based also around giving you natural energy. This is very powerful and will certainly help you reach your goals incredibly fast because with having an abundance of natural energy, this is a surefire way to stick to your goals. That being said, please take note of the word NATURAL. There is a big difference in feeling “natural” energy versus feeling “artificial” energy.
When it’s natural, it will first last much more longer (in most cases throughout the day whole day). When it’s unnatural, you will more than likely “crash”… and this will of course lead to you feeling miserable. A diet that will provide you with natural energy is a diet based on getting 100% proper nutrition and eating often during the day (which is the greatest way to get sustained energy… naturally).
6. Make sure it’s not JUST the diet you’re doing. What I mean by this is that getting in great shape goes beyond some “diet”. It also involves changing your lifestyle around (as I briefly mentioned in #2 above). Changing your lifestyle around means things such as getting more sleep, increasing your water consumption, becoming more active, cutting out processed foods, etc.
Bottom line, if you’re feeling frustrated with dieting, the remedy for this issue is going on a diet that is natural, and making sure that you are doing all of the other steps of living a healthier lifestyle. Those two components will not just guarantee you’ll lose weight faster than ever, but you’ll also find it incredibly easy to do as well!