Here is the third and final installment in this 3-Part article, giving you all of the nutritional advice you need to achieve extreme weight loss and take control of your life. Our bodies are a reflection of our habits and values. Let your body demonstrate to others that you are a person who has mastered their own health.
1. Nutrition Ratios – Whenever possible, try to increase the amount of protein that you are consuming with each meal during the day. The higher the ratio of protein compared with fats and carbohydrates, the better the metabolism boost and the lower the insulin spike.
2. Eat Often – As I have discussed in Parts 1 and 2, every time that we eat a small, protein-packed meal, we stimulate our metabolism. Therefore, we need to use this to our advantage as much as possible. Try to eat every 2 to 2.5 hours and never let it go longer than 3 hours. This will keep that metabolism of yours in overdrive and ultimately lead to extreme weight loss.
3. Only Protein Before Bed – Always remember to avoid carbohydrates at least 3 hours before going to sleep. Apart from the obvious insulin boost and weight gain that follows, having low blood sugar levels before sleep will result in more growth hormone being produced by the body. This means that you will burn more fat while you sleep. So stick to protein shakes or seafood just before hitting the sack.
4. Muscle Is King – Although it is important to cut your calories to a certain degree in order to lose weight, never cut them down to a point where you are jeopardizing your muscle mass. If you are not eating enough (primarily protein), your body will rob your own muscles for amino acids and other nutrients. This is the worst position to be in, as when your muscle mass reduces, your metabolism will come to a screeching halt.
5. Cautiously Dine Out – It is easy to get carried away when eating out at a restaurant with friends and family. I am by no means telling you that you shouldn’t have fun, but be careful. Keep your weight loss goals in mind and remember to make smart food and drink choices. For example, if the restaurant doesn’t offer meals that include complex carbohydrates, you may want to consider eating a salad to play it safe. Also, keep in mind that alcohol is packed with sugar and calories. Drinking your alcohol straight up is a good way to offset additional weight gain.
6. Drink Green Tea – I have covered the benefits of green tea in detail in a different article, but all you need to know is that you need to be drinking it. Not only is it full of cancer-fighting antioxidants, but it also has a remarkable effect on weight loss. Green tea is the perfect drink to have before performing your morning cardio, as it contains basically no calories, but will provide long-lasting energy.
7. Take a Break – By cutting down the amount of food that you are eating combined with physical exercise; you are placing a lot of additional stress on your body. If you feel that you are doing everything right, but your results are starting to slow up, you may want to consider taking a break. This break doesn’t have to be too long and it shouldn’t be: 2 days is enough. For 2 days eat a reasonable diet and avoid exercise, then jump back into your weight loss diet.
Now with the third installment of this 3-Part article series, you will be absolutely armed to the teeth with information on how to lose weight fast. Follow all of this advice and extreme weight loss is just around the corner for you. Everything really comes down to increasing your metabolism, so keep this in mind and do everything that you can to keep it firing.
John Stamford is a personal trainer, nutritionist and an expert in everything relating to fat loss. Visit John’s website in order to discover “One Tip That May Be Preventing You From Losing Fat”, plus receive Free Updates for life at:
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7361666