By far, one of the biggest complaints people who are trying to lose weight (including myself) is that they feel like they are doing everything right, but they are just not losing weight! Does this describe you? Are you working out consistently, eating healthy foods, etc., but for some reason, the scale just doesn’t want to move? Okay, the first thing to do is to calm down! Trust me, I’ve been at this roadblock before, and I know firsthand how frustrating this can be! That’s why I have for you my 7 possible reasons why this is happening… and what to do instead!
1. You’re not drinking enough water… Getting enough water everyday is very important… and that’s an understatement! Not getting enough water will cause plenty of problems with your body, but as far as weight loss and improving your health is concerned, one of the biggest setbacks that happens from inadequate water consumption is that you will RETAIN water. I don’t know if you know this or not, but water is pretty freaking heavy (1 gallon weighs around 8 pounds)!
The right amount of water to drink to ensure you are not retaining extra water weight, and of course provide yourself with a TON of other benefits, is 1/2 your body weight in ounces of fresh water everyday.
2. You have a lot of waste in your body… Due to the foods we eat, the air we breathe, and the unfiltered water we drink (which I don’t recommend you do by the way), over the years, you may develop pounds of toxins and parasites in your body! As frightening as that sounds, the solution to this problem is very simple…
You need to detoxify your body. To do this, you need to do what I mentioned in #1 above and get more antioxidants in your body (such as green tea, berries, dark green veggies, and more).
3. You’re not getting enough sleep… Sleep is important to lose weight because for one, getting more sleep will actually burn up to 500 calories a night. Secondly, not getting enough sleep will cause your metabolism to decrease… which is a VERY bad problem (which you’ll see in #7 below). And thirdly, not getting enough sleep will actually make you crave bad foods throughout the day!
Solution? Try to get at least 7 hours of sleep every night. One great tip I heard from “scooby1961” on Youtube.com is to allow your body to wake you up in the morning… not your alarm clock. Of course this may be a problem for those who can sleep VERY late, but have obligations (school, work, etc.). So, the other obvious solution is to start going to bed earlier.
4. You’re building muscle… AND THAT’S A GOOD THING! Muscle weighs more than fat, and if you are currently building it, you may not see the scale move the way you want it to. But by no means does it mean you should stop building muscle!
The best thing to do to continue to lose weight while building muscle is to do high intensity or high intensity interval cardio. This way you can STILL DROP POUNDS like crazy… but at the same time, you’ll avoid losing muscle tissue!
5. You have reached a weight loss plateau… As obvious as this issue may seem, it’s still pretty easy to overlook this problem. The issue is that your body burns off calories based off of the intensity of the workouts you are doing in conjunction with your CURRENT WEIGHT. So what do you think happens if you are doing the SAME workouts as you have lost weight? That’s right… you will hit a weight loss and results plateau!
The solution to this is very simple. As you lose weight, increase the intensity of your workouts to avoid hitting a plateau. Also, this rule applies for dieting as well. Your calorie intake is going to have to decrease as you lose weight as well.
6. You’re on an ineffective diet… Fad diets, celebrity diets, prepackaged meal plans, and anything else that is unnatural will not bring you consistent weight loss. The reason why is because they are unnatural.
The best thing to do is to go on a diet that is 100% natural and is based on eating ALL the nutrients your body needs and the right amount of calories your body needs.
7. Your metabolism is slow… Ding, ding, ding! You have just found out the most common reason most people struggle with getting results! A slow metabolism will certainly make you feel like your scale is broken or needs batteries! It just won’t move!
The key to ensuring that you have a fast metabolism is to go on a natural diet that will boost your metabolism, and get this, do everything I just mentioned above numbers 1-6! Everything I mentioned above plus a natural metabolism boosting diet program (such as this diet program here) will certainly skyrocket your metabolic rate and will put on you the path to a slimmer body before you know it!