If you can’t beat cravings, then don’t worry, you are certainly not alone! This is by far one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) problem many people have who are trying to lose weight and improve their overall health. I know for sure that this was one of my biggest issues when I was working on improving my body. My biggest weaknesses was Philadelphia cheese steaks (and of course it doesn’t help that I live in Philadelphia… LOL), sugary cereals, and my mom’s fried chicken! I tried so hard to break away from those cravings, but I just didn’t have any luck… until I learned the following:
What I learned was many different ways you can try to beat cravings, but they really didn’t help me that much with defeating cravings… until I realized something (which I’ll talk about later). Anyway, some of the things you could do that is recommended a lot are the following:
1. Eat more smaller meals often throughout the day (such as every 2-3 hours). This not only increases your metabolism and enhances your digestive system, it also decreases hunger pangs and could stop cravings.
2. Drink A LOT of water throughout the day.
3. Have delicious healthy snacks/desserts as an alternative to bad foods. Such as a fruit salad, fruit smoothie, Greek organic yogurt with raw nuts and fruit, homemade frozen Greek yogurt, and more.
4. Find recipes for healthier cakes and pies that you can make at home using whole wheat flour, egg whites, and other healthier ingredients.
5. Have turkey or grass-fed beef burgers instead of regular fatty burgers.
6. And more.
Now, those methods and some other methods I learned on how to stop food cravings did work somewhat, but they weren’t really helping me out that much (as far as cravings were concerned). That was until I discovered something…
I remember one day checking out the calories and nutritional facts about a particular food at a popular restaurant… and I could have sworn I blacked out for a minute! I was absolutely horrified by the amount of calories, fat, carbs, sodium, and other crap that was loaded into this food! Then I remember reading what these foods with all this crap in it can end up doing to the body (diseases, illnesses, obesity, weakness, and CRAVINGS)! That’s right, eating bad foods will cause you to crave bad foods! Go figure!
Anyway, the point I’m trying to make here is that the number one way to beat cravings is to REALLY see what bad food is… not just what it looks like on the outside and what it tastes like. Check out the nutritional facts, check out what all those calories, bad fat, and bad carbs in just one meal at a fast food restaurant will do to your body, etc.
Oh, and this even goes for soda and sugary juices as well! Those drinks are nothing but empty calories… and empty calories is the worst of them all! Empty calories are calories that you consume that have no nutritional value for your body whatsoever. So, you’ve just consumed those calories and you are not getting nothing for it except a sugar crash later on and extra body fat developing on your body (which is what your body does with empty calories)!
Bottom line, once you see what bad food really is, trust me, you are going to start despising it in no time.