Building muscle and getting those ripped abs by developing a personal routine that achieves just that can be very gratifying and fulfilling. It is essential that when working out at home or in the gym that a routine for warm-up of the muscle groups be just as important to you. Calisthenics is the answer.
Before starting any workout routine to get ripped 6 pack abs it is essential that a complete cardio warm-up of your muscle groups be utilized. Use the following calisthenics as a guide:
- Standing erect begin your warm-up by rotating your head and neck 5 times to the left and then to the right. Perform this exercise slowly. Repeat.
- Roll your shoulders forward in a circular motion 5 times and then backward 5 times. Repeat.
- Bring your left arm up behind your head grasping the right side of your neck with the palm of your left hand. Placing your right hand on your left elbow gently pull stretching the muscles of your left shoulder. Hold this position for 5-10 seconds. Reverse positions bringing your right arm up behind your head grasping the left side of your neck with the palm of your right hand. Placing your left hand on the right elbow gently pull stretching the muscles of your right shoulder. Hold this position for 5-10 seconds. Repeat this exercise for both sides 2-3 times.
- At medium speed perform a minimum of 10 arm circles for each arm. Repeat.
- Standing straight up with feet comfortably apart complete a side stretch to the left allowing your left hand to slowly trail down your left leg. When you reach the full extent of the stretch hold that position for 5 seconds before returning to the start position. Repeat the same stretch on the right side. Complete 5 repetitions alternating from the left to right side.
- With your hands on your hips complete 5 hip circles to the left. Complete 5 hip circles to the right. Use your hands to assist you in making the hip circles good and wide. Repeat.
- Separating your feet approximately 3 feet lean down, first to the left, grasping your left calf with both hands. Hold this position for 5 seconds slowly stretching your back muscles just a little bit further. Return to the start position and repeat this exercise on the right side. Perform this exercise alternating between the left and right side 5 times. Take your time to get the full benefit of the stretching.
- Starting in the same position separate your feet even more. Slowly leaning to the left allowing your left knee to bend and push in that direction. When your left knee is fully bent your right leg should be kept straight. Your left leg will do this naturally. Placing both hands on your left thigh just above your knee will assist you with the stretch plus give you stability. Hold this position for 5 seconds. Slowly return to the start position and repeat this exercise on the right side. Perform this exercise 5 times alternating between the left and right side.
- Almost done! Finish of your warm-up with 10 stomach crunches or sit-ups, whichever you prefer.
- Finally, do some running on the spot for 2-3 minutes and 10 jumping jacks to really get the blood flowing.
Remember that it is vital to have a complete body warm-up to loosen those stiff muscles and get them warm and ready before starting and workout routine. Don’t forget to include a healthy 6 pack abs diet to maximize the benefits of all your hard work.
My name is Brian Troy,a high school basketball coach. Any workout program developing ripped 6 pack abs must be accompanied by a 6 pack abs diet To learn more about ripped abs and diet go now to www.getripped6packabs.com