Have you been looking for easy ways to burn extra calories throughout the day, without having to exercise like a crazy person?! Well, check out this article here that talks about 7 simple things you can do starting right now that can burn up to a few hundred extra calories a day!
7 Simple Ways You Can Burn Extra Calories…
Sometimes life gets in the way, you’re working extra long hours or you just can’t make it to the gym. It’s time to figure out the simple little ways you can burn calories without putting a lot of thought and effort into it. You might be surprised how easy it is to burn more calories each day by just making a few adjustments to your routine.
1. Take the stairs instead of the elevator…even if you’re going up 10 floors! You’ll burn over twice the calories! In fact, you can burn more than 90 calories by taking the high road instead of riding the elevator in just 10 minutes. Riding the elevator would get you to roughly 30 calories in the same amount of time.
2. Get up from your desk and walk around every 15 minutes. By taking a short 5 minute walk every 15 minutes, you’ll get your heart rate elevated a little bit, help lubricate the joints and take your mind off of work. The calorie burn here is going to get you roughly 20 extra calories each hour but if you multiply that times 8 (8 hour work day), an extra 160 calories burned hardly seems insignificant. You might just burn enough extra calories you need to warrant your favorite after dinner drink, salty snack or simple dessert!
3. Park in the parking space furthest from the building. We’ve become accustomed to parking in the space right up front because we think it’s more convenient. It really doesn’t take that long to walk a few hundred feet and you expend more energy.
4. Don’t drive through! Skip the drive through at your favorite fast food joint and walk inside the restaurant to pick up your food. You could burn an extra 20 calories or more by walking into the restaurant. At the end of the day, it’s calories in vs. calories burned! Every little bit counts.
5. Give me 10! Sitting in your chair at work? Stand up and using your chair as a guide, do 10 squats lowering your hips to gently touch the chair seat, stand back up and repeat. Do this little exercise 2x each hour to burn baby, burn.
6. Stand up at work for at least 1 hour each day. Sitting can be the death of your weight loss plan. Burning calories isn’t as easy if you’re not using your body. One simple way to combat this is to stand up. Try a high table and stool where you can easily slide off and on to accommodate standing while working. By standing up, you could burn up to 50 calories more per hour!
7. Clean the house. This one doesn’t seem so fun, does it? Fun or not. Cleaning the house get’s your body moving. You could burn almost 175 calories just by doing some “light” cleaning for 60 minutes. If you’re stepping it up a notch, vigorous cleaning can get your body to burn 200 calories or more for just 60 minutes worth of work. House cleaning never sounded so good, did it?
Margot Rutigliano a freelance writer as well as the owner of Vita Vie Retreat. She has been a fitness trainer, wellness coach and healthy living adviser since 1999. Vita Vie Retreat is a fitness retreat offering healthy lifestyle transformation programs for men and women of all ages and fitness levels. For more information or to contact Ms. Rutigliano, please visit http://www.bvretreat.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6452369