When it comes to staying away from diseases and ailments, the first thing that people must focus on is their diet. A balanced diet can not only improve immunity to keep diseases at bay but also provide a host of other benefits such as weight loss, radiant skin and more. In the last couple of years, it has become quite common for people to try out certain nutritious foods that offer a wide range of benefits.
The top 5 super foods that you should include in your diet include the following:
Green tea is an amazing beverage with several benefits. Being an antioxidant, green tea helps in keeping the body fit by freeing the radicals out of the cells. This further helps in preventing cancer and clearing out the blood vessels, particularly in women. This is made possible because the antioxidants in green tea are flexible to clogs that cause heart problems.
In addition, some other benefits of the green tea include:
- Weight loss by burning the fat in our body
- Eye health improvement by preventing eye disorders
- Blood pressure regulation
- Low bone density treatment
Salmon is one of the healthiest foods available today. It has several health benefits, some of which include the following:
- The Omega 3s present in salmon help in keeping the heart healthy
- Studies have proven that eating salmon on a regular basis can help in enhancing muscles and tissues in human body
- Salmon includes unsaturated, saturated as well as polyunsaturated fats which provides greater energy for the body
- Being a low calorie food, salmon also helps in losing weight
Whole wheat and grains
For those who prefer white carbs, choosing whole wheat is a healthier option. Since whole wheat and grains offer essential nutrients, they help in offering the following benefits:
- Reduce risks of heart diseases
- Lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels
- Blood glucose regulation
- Cancer prevention
Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A and C, potassium and selenium. As a result, sweet potatoes help in purifying blood and also lowering weight. For the diabetic people, sweet potatoes can help in keeping the glycemic levels low. Moreover, sweet potatoes can help in boosting the immunity systems effectively.
Dark greens such as kale and spinach are rich in vitamins. These vegetables are rich in antioxidants which help in keeping the body fit and energized. Further, consuming dark greens can help in improving immunity because these foods include essential nutrients such as vitamins A, B, C and E. In addition, they are rich in magnesium, iron and more that keep the body in perfect shape at all times.
1 in 20 Americans will be diagnosed with colon cancer. As shocking as this statistic is, colon cancer can be beat, especially if caught early. For more information on colorectal cancer monitoring visit onko-sure.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6926632