Diners have become more health-conscious the last few years, and now want healthy choices whether eating at home or at their favorite restaurants. Thank God the restaurant industry has responded favorably to accommodate this demand so there are many options available for you to eat healthy out these days.Whether you’re eating at home or dining out, the same rules for watching your weight apply.
You should train yourself to eat more fruits,whole grains and a lot of vegetables. Choose smaller portions of lean meats, fish and poultry. Eat a variety of foods, and fresh, raw foods are better. Reduce the intake of sugar,salt,saturated fats and alcohol. Taking a lot of water and making exercise a daily habit will be very helpful. So whether you’re having lunch with a group, or having a romantic dinner for just two, you can still eat delicious foods that are low-in calories and good for your health,all you need is some planing and forethought.Here are some easy tips to remember when ordering out that will help you to lose weight even when eating at your favorite restaurants:
1. If you are conversant with the restaurant menu,you will need to plan your order ahead of time. This will help you avoid making a last minute decision that could end up been a wrong choice in high calorie.
2. Drink at least one full-glass of water or iced tea before eating your meal. This helps your digestive process, and, because you’ll feel full sooner, you will eat less.
3. Be willing to ask for the “senior citizen” special or kid’s sized portions.Most restaurant do not have problem with this in fact you will end up paying less as well.
4. Order first.This reduces the likely hood of been influenced by your friends or group.This will prove to be a major help for you in maintaining a healthy eating habits.
5. If you’re not sure how something is prepared, don’t be afraid to ask. And if the dish is cooked in oil or butter, you can always ask if they have a “fat free” option.
6. If everything on the menu is high in fat or calories, don’t be afraid to make a request for a plate of fresh fruit and vegetables. Many restaurants offer a vegetarian selection, so if you don’t see it on the menu, ask.
7. if you are ordering meat or fish, request that it be grilled or broiled, and should be prepared with no oil or butter.When eating use lemon or herbs and spices to give it flavor instead of heavy sauces.
8. Order an appetizer and a salad as your meal. Or a soup and salad. For dessert, choose fresh fruit.
9. When choosing soup, remember that cream-based soups have many more calories than broth-based ones.
10. If you’re having a full meal, split the appetizer and desert with your companion.
11. If you decide to order pasta, tomato sauce has fewer calories than cream-based sauces, just like soup.
12. Choose bread sticks over bread, or if you eat bread, don’t add butter.Avoid muffins and croissants, and go for whole grain instead of white.
13. Choose steamed vegetables instead of baked potatoes or other starches. Again, use lemon and herbs and spices rather than butter to flavor them with.
14. Whenever possible, eat like the Europeans do, and have your biggest meal at lunchtime. Not only will you save money, but you’ll cut down on calories at the same time!
15. Make sure you enjoy your meal. Savor the flavors and textures of your food, and enjoy the company you’re with. When you eat slowly, you give your body’s internal clock the time it needs to know when you’ve had enough. When you’re full, stop eating. Ask your server to remove your plate so you’re not tempted to keep eating while you wait for your companion to finish.
16. Request for salsa on your baked potatoes,instead of sour cream and butter. Not only is salsa much lower in calories,but it adds a “spicy” flavor to potatoes.
17. Order salad dressings and sauces “on the side.” This gives you more control of how much to use. Another tip for salad dressing – rather than pouring the salad dressing on your salad, dip your fork into the dressing first, and then into the salad. You’ll get the same amount of flavor, without all the added calories!
18. Choose brown rice over white rice (or french fries), whole grain breads and rolls over white. Not only are they lower in calories, but they are better for you.
19. Stay away from “all you can eat” buffets and salad bars. It’s too easy to lose track of the amount of food you’re what you eat, so it takes some amount of discipline.
eating, even when it’s salads. If that’s your only choice, then stay away from the pasta, marinated salads, cheeses and fruit salads with whipped cream. Stick to soups, raw vegetables and fresh fruits.
20. Have your soup first. It will help to fill you up, and most soups have fewer calories. This will reduce the hunger feeling before the main food arrives. This will help you control what you eat.
21. If you’re craving something sweet, and don’t want fresh fruit, choose sorbet. If you absolutely HAVE to have the chocolate sauce, use the same trick as you did with the salad dressing – dip your fork into it first, then your dessert.
22. Split your dessert with your companion. You’ll still feel like you got to be indulgent, and you’ll only have to exercise half as long to burn off the extra calories!
23. When ordering sandwiches, order them with mustard only, rather than mayonnaise. Not only does mustard have almost no calories, but you won’t miss the mayo!
24. If the portion you were served is large, only eat half of it. Take the other half home. Not only will you get two meals for the price of one, but you’ll cut the calories in half as well!
25. Go for a walk after eating. Stroll along the beach, walk through a park, visit a zoo. You’ll burn calories and get your exercise at the same time!
Practicing these weight losing tips will help you keep your weight stable and stay healthy
Dave Aderinto a writer and a consultant giving you fresh insights on how to lose weight and stay healthy. For more information on free weight losing tips, visit http://weightlosingtips.info/
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6365580