As a busy person who struggles to keep lean and energetic, I am a firm believer in the principle of quick and easy healthy dinner recipes. After all, if cooking healthy dinner recipes takes too much time and effort after a busy workday, the temptation to just order in a pizza is hard to resist. I have better things to do with my time than slave in the kitchen unnecessarily. Whenever I come across healthy dinner recipes that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less, I always clip them out and save them to add to my arsenal. In this article, I am sharing two healthy dinner recipes that are flavorful but take less than 30 minutes to make.
Avocado Salad with Stir-Fried Beef
12 ounces of thinly sliced beef tenderloin
1/2 cup crumbled Cojita cheese
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
About 1 1/4 tablespoon of chili powder, depending on your preference
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 medium-sized onion, sliced thinly
1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
1 poblano, sliced thinly
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 diced avocado
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine the lime juice and the chili powder together in a bowl. Pour the mixture over the beef and set it aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil and saute the onion, bell pepper and poblano for five minutes.
3. Add the marinated beef to the sauteing vegetables and cook for three to four minutes. Season the stir-fry with some salt and pepper.
To make the avocado salad that accompanies the beef, simply combine the beans, avocado, cheese, cilantro and toss with some lime juice and chili powder. Serve the salad as a side dish, along with some warmed tortillas.
Spicy Roasted Salmon and Cilantro Cream
4 pieces of skinless salmon fillets
1 1/2 cup of corn kernels
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 poblano pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 small red onion, chopped
1/3 cup light cream
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
4 garlic cloves, pounded
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
3 teaspoons olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray some non-stick cooking spray on 2 large baking sheets.
2. In a small sized baking dish, mix half of the lime juice and half of the olive oil with garlic, chilli powder and cumin. Add the salmon and coat both sides. Let it sit.
3. In a bowl, toss the corn, bell pepper, poblano pepper and the onion with the remainder of the olive oil. Spread the mixture on one of the prepared baking sheets.
4. Remove the salmon from the marinate and arrange it over the second baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Let both baking sheets roast for about 8 to 10 minutes By this time, the salmon should be cooked through, while the vegetables are tender.
6. Mix the sour cream with some cilantro and lime juice. Serve the salmon fillets with a side of vegetables and drizzle the cilantro cream over the fish.
Having a great healthy meal is very important after a day of work and school.
Do you want a customize meal plan (where you get to choose the foods you want to eat) that if you stay consistent with eating it, you’ll burn off up to 10 pounds of fat every 2 weeks… naturally? Check out this amazing natural diet system that I highly recommend HERE.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6374253