Does the thought of “dieting” make you want to scream?! If so, you are not alone! I too had a miserable time as well. BUT, there is hope! Throughout my journey to get in great shape and health, I came across some very simple and fun tips that helped take away the negativity of dieting. If you want to know what they are and if you want to take these tips and apply them to your own weight loss journey, then continue reading to learn more…
1. Make your own french fries. Use one medium natural potato, cut it up into thin strips, spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, and put them in the oven (400 degrees) for around 20 minutes. This is WAY healthier than fatty french fries, and this is something great you can do for when you get those cravings for fries! Just make sure you have them in moderation since they are obviously high in bad carbohydrates.
2. Make a whey protein shake with some fat-free organic Greek yogurt and fruit in a blender to have a DELICIOUS and incredibly healthy smoothie. Trust me, this will taste better than unhealthy milkshakes!
3. If you ever get those late night cravings, have a quick snack guaranteed to satisfy your cravings. What is it? Celery stalks with peanut butter! The water content and fiber in celery, and the protein and healthy fat in peanut butter is what will help calm down those strong late night cravings.
4. Drink an 8 ounce glass of ice-cold water as soon as you awake to jump-start your metabolism.
5. To be more encouraged to drink water, keep a large water container (bottle) with you at all times.
6. Get a great workout at home without any weights and with limited space by using resistance bands.
7. Got a craving for cookies? How about making some delicious oatmeal cookies using regular oatmeal and healthier ingredients (egg whites instead of whole eggs, etc.)?! Add mix nuts and Salba for the healthiest cookies on Earth!
8. If you seem to get cravings at specific times of the day everyday, try to do a quick 5-10 minute circuit exercise routine (such as jumping jacks, body weight squats, push ups, etc.) during those times. Exercises help calm craving urges.
9. Drink a glass of water before your meals to help satisfy your hunger.
10. Have a sweet tooth craving? Brush your teeth! Studies have proven that brushing your teeth when you develop a sweet tooth craving can actually help calm it.
11. Prepare everything. One of the excuses I kept having in the beginning was that I had to spend much more time in the kitchen preparing healthy foods in comparison to quick and bad foods. So, some of the things I do is I buy a good amount of chicken and grill all of it, then individually wrap each chicken and freeze them. That way, all I had to do was take a chicken breast out the freezer and pop in the microwave! Another thing I did was I pre-cut and pre-rinsed all of my raw veggies (such as celery) so that all I had to do was go and grab some for a quick snack. I also got “ready to eat” salad mixes and carrot sticks.
By the way, if you want to discover the foundation of my 8 week 52 pound weight loss success, then download my new FREE e-book: Fast Weight Loss Secrets
>> Click Here to get your FREE copy of this $27 value e-book…