Here we go then, let’s start with numero uno.
1. Write your goals down – Scientific studies have shown that in doing this, you exponentially increase the likelihood of you actually following through with your plan and reaching your goals.
2. Exercise with a friend – You can motivate each other when either of you have an ‘off’ day.
3. Always stay focused on your ‘reason why’ – Focus on the end result, why is your goal important to you? Dwell on the end result for at least 5 minutes each day and you will find that you become more eager to exercise regularly.
4. Reward yourself – The old ‘carrot and stick’ method will work better than you think. Have a reward waiting for you when you have achieved your fitness goals – go shopping for a new outfit / buy the twilight box set (this definitely isn’t a reward I’ve set myself before!) / buy a pair of concert tickets, etc. BUT – you must be strict with yourself, if you don’t reach your goals, you DON’T get the reward.
5. Exercise with music – Take your iPod on your run with you, or to the gym and fill it with upbeat music that will get you pumped up. Dance music or rock music are popular choices, but choose a genre that you enjoy.
6. Aim higher. Don’t exercise just to lose a little bit of weight, or to look a little better for the beach – aim to get in the best shape possible. Aim to get in the best shape YOU’VE EVER BEEN IN. Think big. Don’t aim to lose the love handles, aim to get a shredded six pack.
7. Get support – Tell your friends and family about your fitness goals and why you want to achieve them. This has several benefits. Firstly, they will encourage you. Secondly, they will support you when you’re having an ‘off’ day. Thirdly, you hold yourself accountable to not let them down.
8. Think of all the people who said you can’t do it – Use this raw emotion to get in the gym and give 110% effort every single god damn workout!
9. Start a blog / diary / journal – Document your exercise routine – what are you struggling with? What do you enjoy about your programme? Keep a blog or journal of your exercise routine so you can look back after a few weeks and see how far you’ve come.
10. Place a friendly bet with your friends. This tip may not be for everyone, but some of our clients have done this. One notable client bet all of his work colleagues that he would lose 10lbs in six weeks. If he lost the bet, he would take them ALL out for lunch one afternoon. However, if he won, they all owed him $5 each. Six weeks later, he earned $85!
And that’s it! 10 quick tips for keeping your motivation levels high.
This is what you need to do now – Apply one, several, or all of these tips and see your motivation and enthusiasm towards exercising increase.
Who knows, you might even start to enjoy it!
Jason Squires helps people get in shape. He is an expert Personal Trainer, certified Diet & Nutrition Advisor and the owner of an Exclusive Online Personal Training Program – Squires Fitness.
Squires Fitness offers a unique guarantee to all clients that is unheard of in the fitness industry – “12 weeks to a more TONED and ATTRACTIVE body… or your programme is FREE!”
To learn more, visit SquiresFitness.com today.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6347444